As an entrepreneur, you undoubtedly have a few fairly predictable characteristics: You are smart. You are a risk-taker. You are a doer. You are fearless. These qualities have helped make you the successful businessperson you are today. You make promises, you take risks, on a daily basis.
With strong legal counsel, you can have greater confidence as you conduct your business. SLG staff understand the urgency with which questions need to be answered, and deadlines within which contracts often have to be prepared and signed. Let SLG protect your company’s legal interests, as you focus on the business of making your business a successful one.
SLG can assist you with all aspects of starting a new business, including:
- Advising clients on the pros and cons of opening a Corporation, S-Corp., LLC/PLLC, LP/LLP, General Partnership or Sole Proprietorship. Important issues for comparison include (1) tax considerations, (2) start-up costs, (3) management issues and (4) liability issues.
- Incorporation and organization of Corporations/S-Corp’s, LLC’s/PLLC’s and LP’s/LLP’s.
- Drafting bylaws, shareholder agreements, operating agreements, partnership agreements and other governing documents.
- Advising on shareholder, member, partner and director meetings and assisting with taking “minutes” of each meeting.
- Obtaining necessary licenses, permits, sales and federal tax ID #’s and other documents for business entities to function legally in NY and other states.
- Assisting with the formation of “subsidiary” entities for “parent” businesses.
- Assisting with the formation of joint ventures.